Cannot connect to internet via dial-up

kallu

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2004

I am using dialup to connect to internet. Today all of a sudden the
connection manager is behaving funny. My saved password appears to have been
changed -I can say it because my password contained 10 characters, but
whenever I try to connect, now it shows saved password to be 16 character. I
have tried unchecking the saved option but still 'am not able to connect.
Again after typing in my password and applying the save password option, the
next time I open, the saved password appears agin to be not mine ( as
explained earlier). I use , "Netone-Accountless Internet Access Service of
BSNL". I have tried un-installing the Connection manager and re-installing
but still to no avail.

Using another Account and through Windows default connection manager I can
connect to Net though. And, via that I have checked my account in the website
of my Service Provider. Surprisingly I can log-in with my password, which I
suppose means my password has'nt been fiddled in the service provider data.
Hence I suppose somEthing is wrong within my system-may be an in-correct
registry entry. BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT IT. CAN ANY ONE HELP PLEASE.

My OS is WinXp Pro.

kallu

"kallu" <kallu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using dialup to connect to internet. Today all of a sudden the
> connection manager is behaving funny. My saved password appears to
> have been changed -I can say it because my password contained 10
> characters, but whenever I try to connect, now it shows saved
> password to be 16 character. I have tried unchecking the saved
> option but still 'am not able to connect. Again after typing in my
> password and applying the save password option, the next time I
> open, the saved password appears agin to be not mine ( as explained
> earlier). I use , "Netone-Accountless Internet Access Service of
> BSNL". I have tried un-installing the Connection manager and
> re-installing but still to no avail.
>
> Using another Account and through Windows default connection manager
> I can connect to Net though. And, via that I have checked my account
> in the website of my Service Provider. Surprisingly I can log-in with
> my password, which I suppose means my password has'nt been fiddled
> in the service provider data. Hence I suppose somEthing is wrong
> within my system-may be an in-correct registry entry. BUT I DON'T
> KNOW HOW TO GO ABOUT IT. CAN ANY ONE HELP PLEASE.
>
> My OS is WinXp Pro.
>
> kallu

WinXP always shows that 16 characters to hide the real password length. Did
you try using that password?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

kallu

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2004

I did'nt know WinXp shows by default 16 character password to hide the real
length. However I have tried using it as suggested but still can't connect to
the net using that particular Connection Manager. Access is being denied
through it, but using the default Windows Connection manager I get to connect
..

> I did'nt know WinXp shows by default 16 character password to hide
> the real length. However I have tried using it as suggested but still
> can't connect to the net using that particular Connection Manager.
> Access is being denied through it, but using the default Windows
> Connection manager I get to connect .

What is the complete error message?

"Access Denied" or "Permission Denied" Scripting Error Messages If Automatic
Configuration Customizes Zone Settings
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324020

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

kallu

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2004

Hi Frank,

The complete error message is, "Access was denied because the username
and/or password was invalid on the domain. (Error 691) For customized
troubleshooting information for this connection, click Help."

My password and the domain is correct I think, since I can get to connect
to the net vai default connection manager and also since I can login to my
account in the web site of the ISP using my password.

waiting....

Kallu