Question Cannot connect to Riot Games / Ubisoft or even my router without using VPN

whydoyouaskbro

Reputable
Dec 22, 2017
This happened recently. About a week ago, but I found myself unable to connect to the places stated above. I also cannot open their downloadable platforms. I cannot start League, whenever I try to open Uplay it shows this on the bottom: https://prnt.sc/oorHZXH7FwXY
When Leauge somehow opens on the 5th or so try it just loads my Home page, friends list is not there and I cannot make lobbies. And also I think it might be related but also my Steam friends list avatars stopped showing. I tried manually setting my DNS server address, tried using the CMD flushdns option, tried using windows Network Reset, disableing IPv6, but none of these worked. I also tried restarting my router around 4-5 tries, unpluging it from the wall and leaving it there for around 10 minutes and plugging it back in again, but that didn't work out either.
Also I tried opening these sites from my phone on the same network, but they didn't open there as well.
So i tried to use a VPN to see if I can connect to these platforms using it and it worked perfectly. I tried disableing it and see if I can now use them, but same thing happened. I also tried opening other websites such as Blizzard, Activision and they openend fine without using VPN.
Could this be related to my ISP? Or is it something wrong with my Router, since I cannot open it as well. Furthest I've gotten is to put in the Username and Password, but when I put in the correct ones in, the log in button stops working and I cannot click it, but I can still change the username and password. But when I put in wrong details it just says that they are invalid.

Try this:
Click Start and type CMD.
Right-click Command Prompt from the results and select Run as Administrator.
In the black screen, type these two commands: ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew then press enter after each.
Then check to see if you can connect to internet.

whydoyouaskbro

Reputable
Dec 22, 2017
Try this:
Click Start and type CMD.
Right-click Command Prompt from the results and select Run as Administrator.
In the black screen, type these two commands: ipconfig /release and then ipconfig /renew then press enter after each.
Then check to see if you can connect to internet.
Should I disconnect from my internet and all apps that are using internet before I do it? I did it without doing disconnecting and it didn't fix my problem.
This is what came out of CMD: https://prnt.sc/kcuF8uG9k33d

Ok so your media is disconnected: Try this:
  1. Open an elevated Command Prompt. To do this, open a Run window by typing Win + R, type cmd and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to launch command prompt with administrative privileges.
  2. Type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each command to execute it.
    netsh command winsock reset catalog
    netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
    netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
  3. Restart your system once the commands are executed.

whydoyouaskbro

Reputable
Dec 22, 2017
Ok so your media is disconnected: Try this:
  1. Open an elevated Command Prompt. To do this, open a Run window by typing Win + R, type cmd and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to launch command prompt with administrative privileges.
  2. Type the following commands one by one and press Enter after each command to execute it.
    netsh command winsock reset catalog
    netsh int ipv4 reset reset.log
    netsh int ipv6 reset reset.log
  3. Restart your system once the commands are executed.
Did it. Disabled everything that used internet on my PC. First command said that it was "not found" and the other two finished, I restarted, but it still didn't fix the problem. I'm thinking since I cannot open those website on my phone as well, that it might be from my ISP or something with my router settings. Problem is I cannot access my router settings.
I also tried to traceroute Ubisoft and this was the result: https://prnt.sc/xJmBWW67MydW

whydoyouaskbro

Reputable
Dec 22, 2017
Did you use the reset button on your router?
No. I turned it off, waited 15-20 seconds and turned it back on. Other method I tried is turning it off, unplugging it from the wall, pressing the power button for around 30 seconds to get all the electricity out and then waiting around 10 minutes. Then I plugged it in, powered it on and it was the same.