Cannot connect to terminal server using TS web - connect b..

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

I cannot connect to a terminal server using tsweb because the connect button
is disabled. This only happens in some windows 2000 machines while others
can connect without problems. I assume is that the activex for tsweb client
needs to be installed but have not found the way to do so nor does the
machine allows me to do so. The only thing that I notice is that the page
shows and error message in the left hand side button of the window. I have
no way to see the nature of the error. Can somebody help by pointing me in
a direction or suggesting a possible solution. Thanks in advance.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Place the TSWEB site in the trusted zone in IE, disable pop-up blockers
(temporarily) or manually copy the activex client to the client computers.

--
Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

"Pete Ocasio" wrote:

> I cannot connect to a terminal server using tsweb because the connect button
> is disabled. This only happens in some windows 2000 machines while others
> can connect without problems. I assume is that the activex for tsweb client
> needs to be installed but have not found the way to do so nor does the
> machine allows me to do so. The only thing that I notice is that the page
> shows and error message in the left hand side button of the window. I have
> no way to see the nature of the error. Can somebody help by pointing me in
> a direction or suggesting a possible solution. Thanks in advance.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.client,microsoft.public.windowsnt.terminalserver.connectivity (More info?)

Thanks Patrick for your help. Do you have a link that I can download
the active x from or at least a name of the file? I have scratched my
head on this one and cannot come up with a solution yet. Thanks in
advanced for your patience and help.

Patrick Rouse wrote:
> Place the TSWEB site in the trusted zone in IE, disable pop-up blockers
> (temporarily) or manually copy the activex client to the client computers.
>
> --
> Patrick Rouse
> Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server
> http://www.workthin.com
>

> "Pete Ocasio" wrote:
>
> > I cannot connect to a terminal server using tsweb because the connect button
> > is disabled. This only happens in some windows 2000 machines while others
> > can connect without problems. I assume is that the activex for tsweb client
> > needs to be installed but have not found the way to do so nor does the
> > machine allows me to do so. The only thing that I notice is that the page
> > shows and error message in the left hand side button of the window. I have
> > no way to see the nature of the error. Can somebody help by pointing me in
> > a direction or suggesting a possible solution. Thanks in advance.

TRENDING THREADS