cannot create modem internet connection

Hello

When I launch the new connection wizard after saying that I want to create
an internet account and that I will configure my line by myself when I get
to the page where I have to choose if I will connect using a modem or a
broadband access I can only choose the permanent broadband connection, the
2 others (modem and broadband with login) are greyed out.

I have already removed from my registry the following keys with no avail

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\PPP\EAP\25

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\PPP\EAP\26

Thanks for the help

--
Email contact

http://cerbermail.com/?ltQ8eCFmRa

Hi,

Seems that the modem was not detected and installed properly. you will have
to use device manager to uninstall the drivers for the modem. then reboot and
then again use device manager to detect the modems and then reinstall the
drivers.

Now the modems will be enabled when u configure ur internet connection.

Regards
M. Rajesh
..Net and Windows Shell MVP
www.winxpsolution.com
Windows MarketPlace Moderator

"Txl" wrote:

> Hello
>
> When I launch the new connection wizard after saying that I want to create
> an internet account and that I will configure my line by myself when I get
> to the page where I have to choose if I will connect using a modem or a
> broadband access I can only choose the permanent broadband connection, the
> 2 others (modem and broadband with login) are greyed out.
>
> I have already removed from my registry the following keys with no avail
>
> HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\PPP\EAP\25
>
> HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RasMan\PPP\EAP\26
>
> Thanks for the help
>

> --
> Email contact
>
> http://cerbermail.com/?ltQ8eCFmRa

Hello,

Yes, please check if the modem has been installed correctly.

Please also check the following KB:
Dial-up Modem or PPPoE Option in New Connection Wizard Is Unavailable
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=320558

You may also consider installing SP2 if you are using SP1 now.

HTH!

Best regards,

Rebecca Chen

MCSE2000 MCDBA CCNA