Hi,

I cannot delete a simple .doc file! Nothing happens when clicking on delete.
If I want to delete the whole folder, it says that the file name of the item
it contains is too long. Clicking on properties results in the box telling
me that there are 0 bytes in this folder. So, what shall I do?

Best,
Eva

See Aumha website page for removing unwanted & hard to remove files.
MANUALLY DELETING STUBBORN FILES
http://aumha.org/a/stubborn.htm

--
Maurice N
MVP Windows - Shell / User

Eva wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I cannot delete a simple .doc file! Nothing happens when clicking on
> delete. If I want to delete the whole folder, it says that the file
> name of the item it contains is too long. Clicking on properties
> results in the box telling me that there are 0 bytes in this folder.
> So, what shall I do?
>
> Best,
> Eva

GTS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2003

Run chkdsk /f. (You will probably get multiple replies here addressing the
case where a file cannot be deleted because it is open. That situation,
which typically generates an 'access denied' message, is often confused with
the symptoms you report which usually indicate a disk error.)