CANNOT delete files or folders

recently, file managing in windows explorer is not working well.

I seem to get a lot of "access is denied" or "BEING used by another
program". i've been having a lot of buggy problems since i recently
did a windows update (xp pro).

any fixes known here?

thank!
sparkie

1. Are you sure you are not trying to delete important
system Files?
2. Use Add&Remove Programs in Control Panel
3. www.download.com (download/install/run ad-aware)
4. www.pandasoftware.com (run online active scan!)
5. Boot into safemode and try delete files.
6. Keep on Posting!

Hi Sparkie,

See this from MVP Kelly:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_d.htm#del

For multimedia files, usually it helps to remove them from the media
player's playlist first.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/