cannot eject seagate 500gb external hdd

john TJ

Distinguished
for the last few days i cant eject my seagate hdd but i can open the files and do any kind of copy paste delete ..... but in the hardware eject media i can see the name of the drive but no option to eject and im running
this problem doesnt occur in m win7 laptop
there is no kind of errors in the device manager either
what would be the issue??
thanks for reading!!!!

Solution
hardware policy is on quick removal and i can see safety hardware remove and eject media icon but in that there is no option to remove it .. in that i can see the name of the drive and when i tried to install app from that it shows a incorrect path message and so i went to disk manager to correct the drive name/path. but none of those proved to be the correct but when i connected the hdd to my old laptop it worked in one of the three usb ports

john TJ

Distinguished
hardware policy is on quick removal and i can see safety hardware remove and eject media icon but in that there is no option to remove it .. in that i can see the name of the drive and when i tried to install app from that it shows a incorrect path message and so i went to disk manager to correct the drive name/path. but none of those proved to be the correct but when i connected the hdd to my old laptop it worked in one of the three usb ports

Solution

Latest posts