Cannot enter BIOS

marks360

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
I finally got my computer all put together, reset CMOS, set my boot sequence and installed Windows 7 64bit. Everything went great, except now I can't enter the BIOS to do any tweaking. I press DEL nothing happens, Windows continues to boot up. In fact Windows boots up no matter what button I press. I have an MSI 770-G45 mainboard. Anyone have an idea what is happening? Or Do I need to reset the CMOS and enter BIOS again like the first time?

Are you using a wireless or USB keyboard ?? -- sometimes the USB ports do not get initialized in the proper order to start the keyboard keys from being read in time to enter BIOS -- try using aa wired ps2 keyboard and see if that will enter the BIOS correctly.

marks360

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
The BIOS screen doesn't even pop up. But Windows runs and functions fine. My programs seem to run fine too. I just wanted to see if I could unlock some cores and set my memory timing

ghost_florian

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
This is not a feasible solution.
But then again, why do you want to go into bios ? Do you want to overclock ? There are software-based methods of overcloking...
Try getting into bios via your way(CMOS reset), and set everything to default. Then try again to access it.
And you still didn't tell us what sort of keyboard you have :)

marks360

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2010
Sorry, I have a PS/2 keyboard. I was going to try a core unlock? But, if everything else is running fine I don't think I am going to mess with it. Just kinda weird that I can only access the BIOS one time and that's after a complete reset of the CMOS

Do you even see the "Press DEL to enter SETUP" message during POST (Power On Self Test)?

Do you unplug or turn off the power supply unit's switch before you clear the CMOS? Damage can occur if you don't because there is standby power still being provided to the motherboard.

That MSI splash screen is hiding the POST screens where you would see the "Press DEL to enter SETUP" message.

When you cleared the CMOS the default setting for CMOS Setup Utility --> Advanced BIOS Features --> Full Screen Logo Display is set to [Enabled]. You need to change this setting to [Disabled] so that the POST screens will be shown.

You should be pressing the Delete key repeatedly before or just as the MSI Full Screen Logo is beginning to be displayed. Wait for the CMOS Setup Utility screen to show up.

G

did it work marks360?

also, i got this issue to, on my MSI GF615-P33 board...

i have tried spamming with delete key, enter, space bar, F1 etc. etc.

problem, i could go to BIOS like me... it goes straight to Windows Loading Screen...

however, if i spam the system with the DEL key, it came into a menu, to choose OS..

for example... " Load Windows 7 " and " Load windows 7 safe boot (something) "

heres MY question.. will i be able to disable the Full Screen Logo , and then, it will show up ." Press DEL to enter setup " etc., ?

okey guys, im confused.. :)