[SOLVED] Cannot enter UEFI Admin setup when user password is set

Dec 19, 2021
Hello.
I have setup a User+Admin password for the bios.
I cannot go on the bios because every time i enter the user password, USB ports stops and it prevents me from pressing F2 or DEL even before and after it just stops it until it gets to the User Password and the OS (Windows 10). I am using a USB keyboard.

I do not have PS/2 keyboards however I do have ports for them.
I used to be able to go on them fine before I set up user password.

My motherboard is ASUS TUF GAMING B460M-PLUS (WI-FI) and BIOS version/date is American Megatrends Inc. 0708, 23/07/2020

Would I need to update my BIOS? And if so how do i do that?

Cheers everyone

EDIT: I have turned off Fast Setup, forced it to go to the BIOS thru advanced settings and it just doesn’t work. It sends me back to the bios loading screen rather than just take me there. Odd
EDIT 2: My keyboard is RGB meaning it turns on when the computers on. After i succeeded with the user password it doesn’t turn off USB ports. It prevents the keyboard from inputting anything to the computer. Like literally anything. F2, DEL, INS, ESC, END i spammed all of them at the same time even before the loading screen popped up. It is really annoying for me as surely it should register inputs when its loading something. Must be a BIOS bug. It is really crucial for me as I needed to change settings on it. Don’t know at this rate. I’m able to access Windows fine but what happens if it breaks down and I need to change BIOS settings?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS