Question Cannot figure out issue.

Fros78

Reputable
Aug 24, 2015
I got a Arctic Freezer 34 Duo for my 2600X, i installed it correctly the first time, but applied a little bit of paste in the middle of the cpu like i always do, it booted and the temps were 50-60 on idle. Then i realized the cooler is not covering the entire surface of the CPU, so i dissasembled it and put paste on the heatsink itself on each copper pipe like arctic suggests, i didnt bother taking the mb out though, the backplate had play in it but it didnt stop me from screwing the cooler down. Booted again and temps were the same, at this point im about to stop bothering and just put the Spire on. Im about to run out of paste aswell. Im never getting a cooler that does not cover the entire cpu again, i can literally see there is no paste spread on the edges of the cpu. I dont feel like pulling a verge application method. Any suggestions?

I got a Arctic Freezer 34 Duo for my 2600X, i installed it correctly the first time, but applied a little bit of paste in the middle of the cpu like i always do, it booted and the temps were 50-60 on idle. Then i realized the cooler is not covering the entire surface of the CPU, so i dissasembled it and put paste on the heatsink itself on each copper pipe like arctic suggests, i didnt bother taking the mb out though, the backplate had play in it but it didnt stop me from screwing the cooler down. Booted again and temps were the same, at this point im about to stop bothering and just put the Spire on. Im about to run out of paste aswell. Im never getting a cooler that does not cover the entire cpu again, i can literally see there is no paste spread on the edges of the cpu. I dont feel like pulling a verge application method. Any suggestions?
The real heat producer in a CPU is the core which is under the middle of IHS and that's where heat is concentrated, corners and edges figure very little.
Your problem may be in CPU voltage, some BIOS versions push too high voltage at idle.

TRENDING THREADS