Question Cannot figure out what caused a shutdown 1074 0x0 reason

hazey123

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2012
I woke up this morning with my pc Shut down and the only thing around that process is the normal system info on startup and shut down kind kernel powers and such.

The process C:\Windows\System32\RuntimeBroker.exe (DESKTOP-3U5D0KV) has initiated the power off of computer DESKTOP-3U5D0KV on behalf of user DESKTOP-3U5D0KV\notlo for the following reason: Other (Unplanned)
Reason Code: 0x0
Shutdown Type: power off
Comment:

Im just so curious about this, i dont think its hardware related because there isnt a Kernal power event 41 error.

hazey123

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2012
windows update? this is the 2nd Tuesday
The only updates where applied at 6pm yesterday but they were security updates i havenet in my experiance seen to many definition updates do automatic shutdowns. And it was a shutdown not loss of power, which i can say because there was this " The following application attempted to veto the shutdown: Steam.exe." which is the event generated from splash screen before shutting down.

hazey123

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2012
I also find it very odd that it was a shut down not a restart? Something also changed by computer sleep habits to default. maybe a update was applied late but downloaded earlier? If it makes it any easier i can post all the events in that time frame?