Question Cannot find existing hard drive after installing M.2 SSD (Funny Issue)

secretplayer

Honorable
Feb 26, 2014
Guys, really need help. Recently my computer is having some funny issues.

Firstly, my computer will tun on by itself randomly (I have checked the bios setting, everything looks normal) ;

Secondly, after I installed a new M.2 SSD hard drive and a 8gb ram, my old drivers cannot be found. Whenever I start my computer, the following words will be shown: "Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key". [but the funny thing is, when i restart my computer and check out the bios page then "save and exit", my window can be shown up again and all my drivers are there]. So basically, EVERY TIME if I need to boot into the window hard driver, I would need to go into the Bios setting first and save and exit, then everything is OK again. [I want to highlight the word "EVERY TIME" because, if I stop typing now and restart my computer, the issue will happen again!]

Action which I have taken in the past 2 weeks.
  • Upgraded Win 7 to Win 10 through "MediaCreationTool1809", old Win 7 has no backup therefore not turnaround.
  • Installed a new M.2 SSD - WD Blue SSD 550GB (1 SATA SSD, 2x mechanical hard drivers and the new M.2 SSD) and a new 8gb ram (using 3 out of 4 ram slots, 2 of them are dual channel 4gb x 2, and the new one is single 8gb)
My motherboard is using a ASrock H97 killer version.
GPU: MSI AMD R290
Power Supply: Crorsair 550w

Honestly, I am not sure where goes wrong, could it be my BIOS version? Or I need a new power supply to support the newly added SSD and RAM? I have thought about the power cable linking between my old drivers, so if anything goes wrong, 3 of my drivers could probably be shut down, but the funny is I could enter my computer every time I visit the BIOs setting first, so I dont really think is a power supply issue.

Much appreciated if someone could give me some idea, what happens to my computer... Thanks guys

secretplayer

Honorable
Feb 26, 2014
The M.2 Socket, SATAE_4, SATAE_5 and SATA Express share lanes. If either one of them is in use, the others will be disabled.
I am not so sure: but here's my spec. :

https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Fatal1ty H97 Killer/
  • 1 PCIe 3.0 x16, 1 PCIe 2.0 x16, 2 PCIe 2.0 x1, 2 PCI
  • 1 SATA Express, 6 SATA3, 1 M.2 (PCIe Gen2 x2 & SATA, Supports 30mm, 42mm, 60mm, 80mm, 110mm M.2 devices), 6 USB 3.1 Gen1 (2 Front, 4 Rear), 8 USB 2.0 (4 Front, 3 Rear, 1 Fatal1ty Mouse Port)
Can you tell me which one is SATA express? so i can avoid plugging into it

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS