Cannot Find Official Link to Windows 7 Update for Toshiba Laptop

Apr 10, 2018
I have been advised by the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor that there is an update available for ACPI\QCI0701 which is Generic IO & Memory Access. The link provided does not work and the update does not show up on the list of drivers and software available for my laptop, Satellite L655d-S5151. Is there any other place to get this, or another list on the Toshiba support site that I am missing? I have done an Internet search, but the hits I received are not official Toshiba site links.

Solution

The difference is that if you are doing something you have no need to do, it solves your problem since you won't need to do it. If Toshiba does not have chipset drivers specifically for Pro, downloading other versions should work to run the driver setup. Or you may need to extract the driver files and point device manager manually to that folder.

That sounds like it would be part of the chipset driver, you may want to start at the beginning though. You are trying to install Windows 7 on the laptop? Looks like there are Win 7 drivers for that laptop, so should work fine. You may want to make a backup of your current drive setup though before starting in case something goes wrong or is not working. I usually create a drive image using an imaging program like Macrium Reflect.

Apr 10, 2018
No, I am upgrading from Home Premium to Professional. I have all the drivers that I have downloaded from Toshiba in a folder of Archives. I had checked the Toshiba site for this driver since it wasn’t in my collection, but I can’t find it.

I made a fresh backup onto an external drive that I use to backup my Windows hard drive and any other Windows related files that are critical like check disk files, browser settings, email backups, etc.

Apr 10, 2018

Does it make a difference? Do you know the answer to my question? Are you going to tell me? I did not ask for opinions.

The difference is that if you are doing something you have no need to do, it solves your problem since you won't need to do it. If Toshiba does not have chipset drivers specifically for Pro, downloading other versions should work to run the driver setup. Or you may need to extract the driver files and point device manager manually to that folder.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS