Cannot fit my PCI-e cables on the custom sleeved cables

elkabongtssss

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017
Hi! I'm new to modding and I need help with the custom sleeving that I bought recently. I have a Seasonic S12II 520W Power Supply and its PCI-e cables seem to not fit the custom sleeved cables. I have used this PSU for the past 2 years and I encountered no problem fitting it in to all GPUs I have owned.

I have observed that the output pins from the PSU (I'm using 6+2 cables) matched the output pins of the custom sleeving (8-pin). But the input pins of the custom sleeving don't which is why I cannot plug it in whatever I do.

Are all custom sleeved cables like these? I'm worrying it may be because the custom sleeved cable is for 8-pin and not 6+2 pin. Or is it just the same? I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

*Note: If I fit only 6 pin of the 6+2 pin cable from my PSU to the custom sleeve, it plugs in without problem.*

Solution
Hi! I manage to figure out the problem myself. I noticed that on the extension cables, there was no slit (tiny gap) between the top-left pins which is the reason the PSU cables wont go in. I did some fiddling with the PSU cables and cut some of the plastic (I know this is not the proper way but it worked). GPU and all components are now up and running. :)

elkabongtssss

Prominent
Dec 1, 2017
Hi! I manage to figure out the problem myself. I noticed that on the extension cables, there was no slit (tiny gap) between the top-left pins which is the reason the PSU cables wont go in. I did some fiddling with the PSU cables and cut some of the plastic (I know this is not the proper way but it worked). GPU and all components are now up and running. :)

Solution