Cannot fix error code chicken on destiny 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 15, 2017
I keep getting error code chicken when trying to play destiny 2 on my gaming rig and sometimes I don’t even get that the game sometimes just closes when trying to play. Sure my parts are subpar but I had it working last week and I had all the same hardware then I just recently upgraded from a gtx 580 1.5gb to a r7 240 4gb all other specs are unchanged also I ran for virus checks and NO viruses as well as reinstalling the operating system FIVE TIMES but I STILL get error code chicken and game crashes
What is going wrong how do I fix it without spending $$$$$?????

Specs
Celeron g3920
8gb ddr4
Cd dvd rw drive
2 1tb sata hard drives
Gigabyte z170 gaming 7 mobo
Radeon r7 240 4gb
Evga 500 watt psu
Aigo aio cpu liquid cooling system

Note
These are the SAME specs I was running destiny 2 on a week or two ago and I had no issues then

Lutfij

Titan
The issue is wide spread. Have you tried launching the game as an Administrator? On another note, try uninstalling and reinstalling the game with elevated command, i.e Run As Administrator and see if the issue persists.

Is your Motherboard BIOS up to date? You may want to see if the issue recurs if your system is on the GTX580.

Oct 15, 2017
I believe that the bios is updated but I’ll check today also I sold the 580 I only have the r7. I will try reinstalling under admin settings I had it working on my celeron g3920! My friend said nooooo you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO buy an i3 or i5 BUT I told him my celeron works fine for this game so I doubt any of my hardware is faulty are anything. Any thoughts????

Status
Not open for further replies.