Cannot forward port 5001 Asus router

Aug 15, 2018
Good morning all. I am having an issue forwarding port 5001 on my Asus RT-AC87U router. I can forward other ports that work perfectly just not 5001 and I need that port to remotely access a Zosi security system DVR. I have spoken with / exchanged emails with Asus about a dozen times with no luck. They just repeatedly send the same links to their setup pages for Port Forwarding, Port Trigger, DMZ and I continue to tell them that it is not working but now it is just an endless cycle of them suggesting the same thing and me telling them that it is not working and it's going nowhere. I called my ISP and they are not blocking the port on their end. The router has the latest firmware upgrade and like I mentioned above I am forwarding 4 other ports that are working fine I am only having trouble forwarding port 5001. I also temporarily disabled the firewall and was still unable to forward the port. I've also called Zosi (DVR manufacturer) and they were of no help either. I really need to gain remote access to this DVR to view the security camera system. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

When you get most ports work but not all it tends to be the end device. You could test this by port forwarding the port to your PC instead. You then run wireshark on the PC. Although the PC will not respond on the port you will see the incoming packet if all is setup correctly.

You could also try a port you know passes through the router say 1234 and forward that to the dvr port 5001