cannot get 2003 server to join my 2000 advanced server dom..

do i need to make 2003 a special server? both 2000, 2003 are eval editions.
does that matter? Goes thru the steps of trying to load AD (2003) but says
cant find or domain does not exist. i have looked in the KB but to no luck.
not a big deal, but like to know if it is possible...

AD requires DNS.

Set up DNS on the 2000 DC.
See:
Best Practices for DNS Client settings in Windows 2000 server and in Windows
Server 2003

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;825036

Setting Up the Domain Name System for Active Directory

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;237675

How to configure DNS for Internet access in Windows 2000

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;300202

When installing the Win 2k3 server point it to the Win 2k DNS server for
DNS.

hth

DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

"Danny Sanders" wrote:

> AD requires DNS.
>
> Set up DNS on the 2000 DC.
> See:
> Best Practices for DNS Client settings in Windows 2000 server and in Windows
> Server 2003
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;825036
>

> Setting Up the Domain Name System for Active Directory
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;237675
>

> How to configure DNS for Internet access in Windows 2000
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;300202
>

> When installing the Win 2k3 server point it to the Win 2k DNS server for
> DNS.
>

> hth
>
> DDS W 2k MVP MCSE
>

> "bondo" <bondo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > do i need to make 2003 a special server? both 2000, 2003 are eval
> > editions.
> > does that matter? Goes thru the steps of trying to load AD (2003) but says
> > cant find or domain does not exist. i have looked in the KB but to no
> > luck.
> > not a big deal, but like to know if it is possible...
>

> ill try, but i am sure i have all correct. if not, i will reinstall and see what happens. thanks!!

TRENDING THREADS