Question Cannot get both monitors to display at the same time ?

Mercnet

Honorable
Sep 10, 2015
I have searched many other threads on this issue and have tried all of the suggestions. I have reseated both GPU and RAM, I have done clean installs of the drivers using DDU. Both monitors work, and I can get a display on either one, and can get display on each port on the card, I can just no longer get both monitors to display at the same time. It is not detected by window, so it is not even staying on. There is no signal from it.

Specs:
-i7 10700k
-Asus Prime Z90-A
-2xCorsair 8GB DDR4@1066
-2xG.Skill 8GB DD5@1066
-Sapphire Radeon Rx 5700 XT 8GB
-Thermaltake Smart 700w 80+ While PSU

I got the card November 23, 2019 , so it is not very old, and the CPU and board on March 12, 2021 with my stimulus, and the Ram is rather new as well back in 2020. The PSU is brand new as of last month.

I have no clue what is causing this issue. Some thoughts I have had are maybe the card is having temp issues, but they seem fine, about 68-70° under load (war thunder on maxed settings) and it does not appear to be underclocking its self. I am pretty much at the end of my experience with this issue (not that I have ever ran into this before)

Is it possible the card can no longer simply support my two displays? They are actually TVs and one is weird 1366x768 upscaled to 1080p so I have no idea if that is a factor or not. Any insights on this would be appreciated.

Mercnet

Honorable
Sep 10, 2015
Update: After windows booted, I decided to plug in the second monitor into a random port. It did come on, but it was locked into a small resolution of 640x480. So with that, I rebooted thinking it was solved and it would refresh... boy was I wrong. I am back to just one monitor and plugging the second monitor into another display port is not bringing it back to life.

Tigerhawk30

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2015
Is this card within your RMA warranty? This sounds like the card is just flat dying or defective as it should just plain work without issue. This sounds like a defective GPU/GPU developed a defect to me.