cannot get drivers for my usb

I build a computer using Asus Motherboard. The directions with the
motherboard said to use xp with service pack two so I did. My usb
drivers so not work when I try to load them from the cd that came
with the motherboard I get a message, drivers are in service pack two
and they will not load. In divice manage I get a message that i need
service pack 4 but since I cannot connect to the internet I do not
know how to get it. Help!!!!

P.S. I am a newb :oops:

Which version of Windows are you installing?

Service Pack 2 is for XP (Pro and Home)

Service Pack 4 is for Windows 2000 only.

What USB drivers are you trying to get? If you have successfully installed
Service Pack 2, then you seem to have all the USB drivers.

What is the exact motherboard model you are trying to install the USB
drivers for?

"avalois" <avalois@comcast-dot-net.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
>I build a computer using Asus Motherboard. The directions with the
> motherboard said to use xp with service pack two so I did. My usb
> drivers so not work when I try to load them from the cd that came
> with the motherboard I get a message, drivers are in service pack two
> and they will not load. In divice manage I get a message that i need
> service pack 4 but since I cannot connect to the internet I do not
> know how to get it. Help!!!!
>
> P.S. I am a newb :oops:

never visited there but maybe ask over at
alt.comp.periph.mainboard.asus