Cannot get drivers!

Solenik

Prominent
May 10, 2017
Hiy
Installed a fresh copy of Win7. Everything is working, except i can't get any drivers on it, since there's no internet/usb drivers installed and i don't have a dvd-rom. USB 2.0 ports don't detect anything, but they give power. Any idea how can i get something on the computer?
It's a Lenovo IdeaPad 110

Solution
How about with a Linux USB (just standard install USB, from say Linux Mint). Do not install. When You start it up, it will already be a portable Linux version, with an installler for linux on the desktop. Ignore it.
You can also see hard drives, including windows partitions. Be careful of course.

Download the drivers you want on Linux, they usually have driver support for Internet, or at least for USB, so you can download on an other Computer. Than, move it to the Windows Partition under, for example, C .. Program files or something rather.

Than, quit linux (installer) and start back in Windows. The drivers should be there.

You can also just take out the HDD and connect it to an other PC as an external HDD. This will void the...

EvilHamster

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2012
How about with a Linux USB (just standard install USB, from say Linux Mint). Do not install. When You start it up, it will already be a portable Linux version, with an installler for linux on the desktop. Ignore it.
You can also see hard drives, including windows partitions. Be careful of course.

Download the drivers you want on Linux, they usually have driver support for Internet, or at least for USB, so you can download on an other Computer. Than, move it to the Windows Partition under, for example, C .. Program files or something rather.

Than, quit linux (installer) and start back in Windows. The drivers should be there.

You can also just take out the HDD and connect it to an other PC as an external HDD. This will void the warranty though.

Cheers.

Solution