Cannot get Geforce 1080 ti gaming x to work?

mateorichie6

Prominent
Feb 8, 2018
hello, im having an issue getting my new graphics card to work. I have a cxm 600w 80+ bronze power supply and an asrock micro. I checked pcpartpicker to see if it would be compatible and it should be. them only issue was that I dont have the wire that connects from my power supply to graphics card but I heard I didn't need it? pls lmk

Solution

You've been misinformed. You need 2 8 pin PCIe connectors. The card has a TDP of 250W iinm(edit: System Requirements
Power consumption: 250W
Recommended PSU: 600W
Power Connector
2 x 8-Pin). It receives up to 75W from the PCIe slot 150W from each 8 pin connector. Without both connectors the card will not work.

Your PSU has the necessary connectors.

The performance increase going from a 970 FTW...

You've been misinformed. You need 2 8 pin PCIe connectors. The card has a TDP of 250W iinm(edit: System Requirements
Power consumption: 250W
Recommended PSU: 600W
Power Connector
2 x 8-Pin). It receives up to 75W from the PCIe slot 150W from each 8 pin connector. Without both connectors the card will not work.

Your PSU has the necessary connectors.

The performance increase going from a 970 FTW from EVGA to an EVGA 1080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid is huge. I remember I was starting to struggle to maintain 60FPS. I had been having to reduce settings. MSI AB now tells me over to over 200 FPS in the same games. Some are oddly sticking to 62FPS but my TV is 60Hz so I'm not really worried but I'll check into it.

For the PSU I chose https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151118.

Solution

mateorichie6

Prominent
Feb 8, 2018

Thanks so much bro! I figured I needed it but I wasn't sure some people said I might not much appreciated!!

You're welcome glad we could help :D

mateorichie6

Prominent
Feb 8, 2018

I sent a private message with just a. question about the cable. hope you could see

You don't need to order anything. That PSU has everything you need. There are 2 x 6+2 pin PCIe cables. Those are the cables you need.
14-PCI-E.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-CP-8920179-Premium-Individually-Connectors/dp/B01N5EM9MH will work.