[SOLVED] Cannot get headphones to work in Windows 10

muguetsu

Honorable
Jan 29, 2018
I recently installed Widnows 10 and everything works fine. Even the ethernt and video drivers were automatically installed. But there is no speaker option in the audio menu:

3fdbd3D.png

The audio is working fine through the monitor. But headphones do not wotk apperantly because there is no audio drivers that allows me to enable speakers. My motherboard is an Asus p8b75mle (it's old) and its audio drivers won't work in Windows 10.

I already dowloaded (after a lot of effort) the Realtek audio drivers, but the installation fails

I am really distressed looking for a solution for this and considering going back to Windows 7.

Please help me

Solution
you can attempt to let Windows search for compatible drivers through Device Manager.
doubtful that it is possible though if they aren't auto-installed anyway.

you can also attempt to contact ASUS support and see if they can link you to a known functional Windows 10 driver.
but you may just be depending on a dead platform and need to consider finally updating.
you can attempt to let Windows search for compatible drivers through Device Manager.

you can also attempt to contact ASUS support and see if they can link you to a known functional Windows 10 driver.
but you may just be depending on a dead platform and need to consider finally updating.

Solution

muguetsu

Honorable
Jan 29, 2018

I forgot to mention that the microphone worked and without any need of installing anything additional. It does not make any sense for the headphones not to work