Cannot get headset microphone to work on ASUS laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

lleeoo66

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013
My ASUS laptop is not recognizing my Razer Kraken headset microphone. The laptop is brand new. It is using Realtech HD Audio codecs. I was directed by the lovely internet to purchase a splitter to split my audo jack cables because my headset has a microphone jack and a speaker jack and my laptop has a jack for a microphone and speakers.

This was the item:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Brand-New-3-5mm-2-Female-to-Male-Adapter-Splitter-Cable-Headphone-to-Smart-Phone-/111201679129

When I plug in the microphone piece alone, it detects it under the playback section of my sound settings, and it does show up on device manager. The microphone is not functioning at all.

I uninstalled the realtech driver and it still does not work. I am thinking of reinstalling it.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

lleeoo66

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013

If you read my question fully, you would have seen that in my control panel settings, the microphone shows up only in the "playback" section, not in the recording section. This is my dilemma.

thenewnumber2

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2009
The adaptor that you linked two is listed as a PC headset to Smartphone adaptor, and I notice that the male plug has four conductors. You may need an adaptor with only three conductors, these are more commonly used for PC's.

lleeoo66

Honorable
Aug 1, 2013

Ok, I will look into this. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.