Question Cannot get internet wired through house

Jun 20, 2019
I have a phone system wired throughout the house running on cat5e cables. the ports on all the walls are also cat5e and can accept Ethernet. I clipped all the cat5e cables from the phone and began terminating with RJ45 plugs using a crimper. I then connected my modem to my router and my router to the wall port. then connected my newly made RJ45 ends to a switch in the central location where all the cords met. no matter the order i cannot get and of the lights to turn on or ethernet internet in any of the connected rooms.I tried both T-568 A&B for connection that led from the wall to switch that the router was plugged into. I did however notice when i pulled that jack off the wall the brown cables were not connected, however i thought that they were not required for the connection. I did test the switch in the room with the router with a direct ethernet hook up and got the light to turn on I was hoping to avoid getting the punch down tool but will definitely do so if that is what is needed. I am also trying to take full advantage of the 100Mbps that i have. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated, i would love to get this ethernet set up throughout the house. Im not sure what to try at this point other than punching down the brown wires.
ddgolv.jpg
15n966u.jpg
2j3mubp.jpg

So I am not real successful this morning getting links. Included with rj45 keystones or something I purchased I ended up with a bunch of plastic punch down tools. They are basically a flat piece of plastic with a small slot cut in the end. Even though I have a real punch down tool these work extremely well. They of course do not trim the wire. I have seen them on the recommended add on items on amazon when I have purchased so they must actually sell them but I can not find them. Since they were included for free they can't be very expensive.

You really want all 4 pair of wires so you can get gigabit speeds. The ports also tend to come up faster it takes them a bit to figure out that one pair is not functional before they come up at 100mpbs.