Question Cannot get past BIOS splash screen

StellaMan

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2012
I have a PC here that I am looking at for a client, it has a GA AX370-Gaming K70 motherboard. This is what he wrote to me …

“I recently hit a snag while updating the bios. It’s now stuck at the bios post screen and won’t boot Into windows. My motherboard has two Bios and I’ve now done it to both the main and the backup.”

I’ve booted it up myself and it gets to the screen with the options of DEL to enter BIOS, F9 for system info, F12 for the Boot Menu or END to Q-Flash, it never gets past this. I have trid all options on the Keyboard but there is no response, I have re-seated and swapped around the RAM … I unplugged it and removed the CMOS battery overnight, but nothing has changed !!! The MB does have a code on it, which I think is 0d …

I am using a PS/2 keyboard so am hitting keys as soon as the PC powers up, but still can't get any response at all.

Am I safe to say that the Motherboard is fried and needs replacing ?

I have a PC here that I am looking at for a client, it has a GA AX370-Gaming K70 motherboard. This is what he wrote to me …

“I recently hit a snag while updating the bios. It’s now stuck at the bios post screen and won’t boot Into windows. My motherboard has two Bios and I’ve now done it to both the main and the backup.”

I’ve booted it up myself and it gets to the screen with the options of DEL to enter BIOS, F9 for system info, F12 for the Boot Menu or END to Q-Flash, it never gets past this. I have trid all options on the Keyboard but there is no response, I have re-seated and swapped around the RAM … I unplugged it and removed the CMOS battery overnight, but nothing has changed !!! The MB does have a code on it, which I think is 0d …

I am using a PS/2 keyboard so am hitting keys as soon as the PC powers up, but still can't get any response at all.

Am I safe to say that the Motherboard is fried and needs replacing ?
No, your symptoms are typical to a borked boot drive

As soon as it's past the bios splash screen, it starts using whaterver hdd/ssd your boot partition is on

so my advice to you is, try another drive to test it, if it fails, come back here and we'll go from there

use another drive as the sole attached drive, try to put a fresh install of win on it - test

StellaMan

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2012
No, your symptoms are typical to a borked boot drive

As soon as it's past the bios splash screen, it starts using whaterver hdd/ssd your boot partition is on

so my advice to you is, try another drive to test it, if it fails, come back here and we'll go from there

use another drive as the sole attached drive, try to put a fresh install of win on it - test

It's not getting that far, it does the exact same thing whether it has the original drive, another working Windows drive or even NO drive !!!

It's not getting that far, it does the exact same thing whether it has the original drive, another working Windows drive or even NO drive !!!
Damn, that's a shame

it's not good that your guy has flashed both his main and his backup bios

i can't seem to find any info on your mobo that says if it has a usb bios flash method

e.g. (different mobo, but it shows what i mean)

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTkXunUAriE

The only other alternative is to get a new bios module for that mobo

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V67YRlsBEoY

but that's a PITA

StellaMan

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2012
Tell me about it, Quanticriver, why on earth he didn't look for help before repeating the problem I really don't know !!!

That video makes things very easy, whame more manufacturers don't do things like that !!! This Motherboard has Q-Flash, apparently if it had Q-Flash Plus, I could do similar ...

And that second video looks like a good last option, but I can't find a removable BIOS chip on this MB !!!

I think I'm going to have to admit defeat and tell him to take it to a shop, I just work from home and haven't got the space or the time to work on this great big thing for days on end 🤷‍♂️ !!!

Thanks for your help though, much appreciated (y)

Tell me about it, Quanticriver, why on earth he didn't look for help before repeating the problem I really don't know !!!

That video makes things very easy, whame more manufacturers don't do things like that !!! This Motherboard has Q-Flash, apparently if it had Q-Flash Plus, I could do similar ...

And that second video looks like a good last option, but I can't find a removable BIOS chip on this MB !!!

I think I'm going to have to admit defeat and tell him to take it to a shop, I just work from home and haven't got the space or the time to work on this great big thing for days on end 🤷‍♂️ !!!

Thanks for your help though, much appreciated (y)
No worries stellaman, gl to you