Question Cannot get past the BIOS after a hard shutdown ?

Apr 28, 2023
Hi,

I was using my PC, and then my PC completely froze, not being able to clickanything. I left it alone for a few minutes, but the PC wouldn’t shutdown on its own like usual so I did a hard shutdown (pressed power button for 5 seconds).

Ever since then, whenever my computer turns on, I cannot get past the BIOS. My motherboard is an MSI.

I tried looking up multiple threads and videos to no avail, and I am completely lost on how to fix this issue.

But one thing that may potentially be helpful is that I tried going from UEFI to CSM and found that when I go to CSM mode, it asks me to plug in a media drive as it cannot detect anything to boot. When I go into BIOS mode with CSM active, it is able to detect my Samsung 970 SSD. When I switch back to UEFI, it does not detect my SSD in the advanced -> boot section.

Is my SSD just completely boomed or is something wrong with my motherboard? Any help or solutions will be appreciated.

Reactions: R4tch

R4tch

Prominent
May 13, 2022
Hi,

I was using my PC, and then my PC completely froze, not being able to clickanything. I left it alone for a few minutes, but the PC wouldn’t shutdown on its own like usual so I did a hard shutdown (pressed power button for 5 seconds).

Ever since then, whenever my computer turns on, I cannot get past the BIOS. My motherboard is an MSI.

I tried looking up multiple threads and videos to no avail, and I am completely lost on how to fix this issue.

But one thing that may potentially be helpful is that I tried going from UEFI to CSM and found that when I go to CSM mode, it asks me to plug in a media drive as it cannot detect anything to boot. When I go into BIOS mode with CSM active, it is able to detect my Samsung 970 SSD. When I switch back to UEFI, it does not detect my SSD in the advanced -> boot section.

Is my SSD just completely boomed or is something wrong with my motherboard? Any help or solutions will be appreciated.
I have the same problem, have you found a fix yet?