Cannot get webcam working on Gateway NV570P02h laptop

elliscooper29

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017
I thought I opened a new thread yesterday but no responses so I'll try again this way. I have installed Win 7 and all is working fine except the Webcam. I have searched high and low. Even the Gateway Drivers page doesn't show a webcam for this model. Not sure if the webcam was working prior. Owner doesn't know either. I even tried drivers from an earlier model and it says No webcam found. I am using a 64 bit system. Any ideas? Note. I changed the hard drive so there is no Gateway Recovery options or Camera Assistance Software...Thanks in advance. By the way there is No imaging device listed in Device Manager

Solution

once it says camera driver fail

is there a usb video device or new entry for imaging device in device manager?

if so do the update driver option but go manually

and use Browse my computer for driver software

and browse to the folder it installed the camera assistant software to

if no new device in device manager then guess kind of stuck then

elliscooper29

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017
Thanks for your reply. The Acer updater wouldn't work. Aida64 confirmed that the camera is either unplugged or not working. I don't see a button that turns it on or off. As for the camera assistance software that site wants you to pay for the drivers in advance not knowing if they'll work or not. Guess I'm going to have to open it up and see what's going on. Thanks again

sorry thought it said test for free for 14 days on that last link--though i didnt go any further than there

might be a FN + other key combination to turn the camera on/off

though never seen one of those laptops so no idea if it is or which other key

elliscooper29

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017
Yes Free trial but they want all your CC info up front. I wasn't willing to go that far. Seems many people have had this problem. Tried several options to no avail. Thanks for trying though bud.

no dont blame you i wouldnt give cc either--would have looked for a different link for you if had realised

have found you a promising looking software/driver now though

late here so might have to check this thread tomorrow

if you try the new assistant software i linked

you may have to use device manager to point it to the driver once the softwares installed--it will be in the chicony install folder in program files

if you are getting any where in device manager you should be looking for a usb video device--even though its a web cam

elliscooper29

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017
Oh no worries man. Well I was able to install the software but it won't open as it says "camera Driver fail". But getting there. So it's definitely a problem with the hardware. At least I have that software for future. I have another gateway laptop that can use. The camera is working fine on that one. Thanks bud

once it says camera driver fail

is there a usb video device or new entry for imaging device in device manager?

if so do the update driver option but go manually

and use Browse my computer for driver software

and browse to the folder it installed the camera assistant software to

if no new device in device manager then guess kind of stuck then

Solution

elliscooper29

Prominent
Aug 23, 2017
No nothing at all in Device Manager. Either someone dropped this and it unplugged or it isn't working. I've just never run into this problem so I'm kind of shocked. Thanks for trying though man. It has to be a defective webcam. Might as well close this one. Send me a link to paypal and I'll buy you a beer...