Cannot Increase Dedicated Video RAM

Sushmit_1

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
I have an Asus Vivobook q301la with 4 GB RAM and Intel 4400 HD graphics & Windows 10. It shows my dedicated video ram as 128 MB in graphics settings but in my bios it is showing 512 MB. I want to increase it to 512 MB. How should I do it?

Solution
You don't want to change dvmt max, that's not exactly the same as the allocated amount. By default dvmt should go up to 1.7gb unless the oem limited it which is uncommon especially for asus. Dvmt automatically adjusts the amount so even if you can't manually set it to 512mb already, it will change to how much it needs. Any performance issues is because it's weak and manually changing it won't do anything.

kashyapjatin

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015
Goto in the Bios and goto the video option by default it set it to the Maximum DVMT memory or lower, u want 512MB set it to 512MB, exit and save, after that your system Shutdown after some afew seconds it restarts automatically...

You don't want to change dvmt max, that's not exactly the same as the allocated amount. By default dvmt should go up to 1.7gb unless the oem limited it which is uncommon especially for asus. Dvmt automatically adjusts the amount so even if you can't manually set it to 512mb already, it will change to how much it needs. Any performance issues is because it's weak and manually changing it won't do anything.

Solution