cannot install any windows through usb(asrock 970 extreme3 r2)

enkidoe

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
guys,

i cannot install windows 10(or windows 8) through usb. My usb(2 or 3) device doesnt show up as a bootable device when i press f11 in the usb3 port. It does in the usb 2 port, but i cannot install windows 10 or 8, it just shows me the windows logo for hours and nothing happens. Altough, sometimes the computer reboots and starts all over again.

i formated the usb as fat32 and as ntfs, i disabled fast boot but nothing.

enkidoe

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
also cleared the bios and tried installing win7 trhough an original dvd, but also that one hangs at installing windows. SO it might be that the mainboard is broke. Strange thing is that first my ssd went down a(received a new one) and now i cant install windows on the new ssd and it seems that the mainboard is the problem(tried a different ssd also). tried an old version of pccheck to test the mainboard but that didnt give me an error.

are there free programs that i can use to test the mainboard?

Starcruiser

Honorable
The only true way to test for motherboard faults is to test putting it into another computer entirely that has known good parts.
It's probably the mobo from the sound of things. Try booting a live distro of Linux, such as Ubuntu, with only the minimum parts attached to the board. (PSU, CPU, GPU, one RAM stick, no SSD) If it still won't boot, we'll call it the board.

TRENDING THREADS