Cannot install DMC offline

bukaida

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015
I have purchased the DMC today and recived the DVD with serial number. When I run the setup , it first created an account at steam and asked the serial number. I have provided the original serial I got with the game. It then tried to download a whopping 8GB online inspite of having the DVD in my DVD ROM. Everytime I try to un install and re-install, the same thing is happening. Please help.
My system::
OS- Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit sp1
Processor: Pentium G 3258 at 3.9GHz (oc)
Mother board- Gigabyte GA-Z97 D3H (Full ATX)
Memory: 2 X 4GB Corsair Vengeance at 1600 MHz with XMP enabled
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB SSD
DVD : ASUS
Monitor: Dell S2240L HD IPS
PSU: Seasonic SII 520 Watt
Cabinet: Deepkool Kendomen TI

bukaida

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015
As the game does not have a 64bit version so the local installation command will be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -install E: where E: is the DVD drive.

Thanks chimera201 for the solution. It should be mentioned in the disk manual to avoid such unnecessary harassment.
IT STILL DOWNLOADS AROUND 23% ( NEARLY 2 gb) EVEN AFTER USING THIS METHOD , BUT BETTER THAN DOWNLOADING THE ENTIRE GAME.

No you probably performed some wrong step or messed with the Steam files that it tried to re-download. Normally it would install from the disc. I haven't installed from a disc for a long time now but the last time I did it did install from the disc. And the extra 2GB are updates/patches to the game.

bukaida

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015
The disk is a autorun->next->next type. So it is hard to mess up even if you try. :) It has quite some bugs like not being able to detect existing higher versions of already installed softwares like DX 10, VC++ runtime and others and try to install a lower version over them. This all happened in default auto mode and you have to cancel them manually.