Cannot install SP1 (error 80073712)

notasandwich

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011
Whenever I have tried to do the update to instal Service Pack 1 the process has always failed, giving me "error 80073712". I have tried doing some of the possible solutions found throughout the internet, including disabling anti-virus software, downloading SP1 manually and installing it on my own, attempting to install in safe mode, doing check disk, but nothing seems to work. What can I do?

notasandwich

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011

No. I let windows update do the the download on its own but it has never been able to instal SP1

notasandwich

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011

I've tried both of those and I still cannot get the service pack updated. Doing the upgrade via startup disk did not allow me to do any kind of upgrade and instead suggested I do a windows anytime upgrade, which will not solve the problem and force me to pay money for a different version of windows, which is something I do not want to do. The Hotfix has already already been installed previously.

szaboaz

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
How reinstalling from scratch with a Windows 7 SP1 installer DVD sounds like? You know, backup, and format, then drivers, and the whole shebang...

Windows 7 installer DVDs can even be downloaded from official sources, and if any doubt remains about the authenticity, a checksum verification excludes any tampering...

notasandwich

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2011

I have windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. One of the suggestions posted above suggest using the installation DVD to upgrade in order to get service pack 1. When I try this is tells me to use Windows anytime update instead.