Oct 6, 2021
Hello,
The full reasoning is a bit complicated but I tried to include as many key point as possible.
I have an Asus GL502VSK with an Intel i7 7700HQ, 8GB of stock Samsung RAM clocked at 2400mHz, a GTX 1070 Mobile, 128GB of M.2 SATA SSD and a 1TB of 7200RPM HDD.
I have been using Windows 11 for a while, one day I switched from beta builds to dev builds. Once the updates have finished, I was greeted with the logon page, logged in successfully and after 30 seconds a BSOD appears. My machine rebooted and I was greeted with another BSOD.

I decided to roll back to previous update (beta builds) of Windows 11. The issue still kept going. I decided to install a fresh copy of Windows 10. I created a bootable USB with the official Microsoft Media Creation tool and plugged the USB into my computer. Installation page appeared and went through the steps of choosing a drive and agreeing to licenses. The main issue starts here. The installation window. It copies Windows files fine, it gets a green tick every time. But, when it goes through the "getting files ready for installation" phase, it always and always BSODs on 42%. It never got passed that stage and the error code for it is SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION. I have tried other ISO's built many more with Rufus and they all have failed on same percentage with different errors such as MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and one with SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.
I attempted a memory test with memtest86+ but it just wouldn't boot up to it's window. Tried SFC scanning and DISM but none have worked.
Could it be that a component has failed?
If someone has ever had this experience please help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

See if CSM is enabled and Disable Secure Boot in BIOS. Speaking of BIOS, what BIOS version are you on at the time of writing? I doubt a component has failed, more so that there's a setting in BIOS that needs disabling or enabling.

Reactions: RezaBgh83
Oct 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

See if CSM is enabled and Disable Secure Boot in BIOS. Speaking of BIOS, what BIOS version are you on at the time of writing? I doubt a component has failed, more so that there's a setting in BIOS that needs disabling or enabling.
Hi Lutfij
Thank you very much for reading my thread and for the welcoming.
I checked the BIOS, it's the latest version so on 309.
CSM Support is enabled, secure boot is disabled and so is the Fast Boot. However same errors occur. I tried with CSM disabled but it doesn't fix anything.

Oct 6, 2021
Another update:
Tried memtest86+, on test 0 it just passed 7% of the test. The timer froze after that and there were errors appearing all over the place. I noticed the addresses on expected and actual are the same but the first two hex characters are different each line than the expected.
Example:
Expected: 0000000FF
Actual: 5A00000FF

TRENDING THREADS