Question Cannot install windows 10 on formatted ssd / hdd even after formatting and converting to GPT.

deathlord

Reputable
Feb 21, 2015
Recently i bumped into a Bsod due to some 'Evbda.sys. Im not entirely sure what i did before that, but i did change some win32 files before the last working reboot in my PC due to some game issue.

It bricked the Os and it wouldnt boot, after several tries or everything, i just gave up and formatted both my ssd, and my hdd, and converted my hdd to GPT.(The ssd was newly installed and was MBR, how was windows 10 installed in it the first place if its an MBR partition?)

Then i disconnected the hdd and tried reinstalling windows 10 in the ssd and it booted up fine after the install for once, but ever since its always given a bsod with different issues everytime. Sometimes it says "running diagnostics " and then goes to the blue screen of death. I am unable to repair this system as well.Ive reinstalled windows 10 about 5 times already after clearing the ssd. Nothing works.

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks like you're having a peripheral issue, try booting in safe mode without having any peripherals plugged in or disabling all startup programs except for core programs.

After formatting that ssd, did you also get rid of the EFI partitions that normally install after windows?

deathlord

Reputable
Feb 21, 2015
Which peripherals?
Right now i have my mouse and keyboard only connected.
And yes, ive deleted those partitions and installed windows 10 as well. It just doesnt work

deathlord

Reputable
Feb 21, 2015
Hey, just got into CMD And found this error in the SrtTrail file saying "Storahci.sys is corrupt.
I believe this is related to the windows update that <Mod Edit> up the system. But i reset my ssd. Wierd.

Last edited by a moderator:

daPain58

Proper
Sep 30, 2019
Hey, just got into CMD And found this error in the SrtTrail file saying "Storahci.sys is corrupt.
I believe this is related to the windows update that <Mod Edit> up the system. But i reset my ssd. Wierd.
That's the problem. Once windows update brought bsod S for me

Sent from my CPH1729 using Tapatalk