hondoman

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2014
Good evening,

I am experience a real issue of installing Windows on a new / old PC.

I added a new motherboard, CPU, CPU cooler, RAM, and PCIe WLAN card. There are two SSDs in this PC, which are about 2-3 years old..... hence new / old PC.

I've downloaded the Media Creation Tool to a USB stick.

When the PC boots, the BIOS splash screen comes, then... not sure how to describe this... There are symbols at the bottom of the screen. Oddly, they're shaped like little houses, but with hash marks. The Windows symbol appears, then the rotating dotted wheel appears. The wheel will make one rotation and on the second rotation, will freeze. I've waited up to 5min to see if anything else happens. Nothing.

I've tried the USB in each of the three 2.0 USB slots. Same each time. I've also tried swapping the SSDs to SATA1. No change.

I'm really unsure what the issue could be. I've also no clue what to try next. The BIOS is up-to-date and is set at default.

Thoughts?

MoBo: MSI A320M-A PRO MAX
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G, 4x 3600 MHz
RAM: 8 GB DDR4-RAM, 3000 MHz, G.SKILL Aegis
WLAN: WLAN PCIe Karte 867 MBit/s (300 MBit/s @ 2,4 GHz) (Currently removed)
Radeon Vega 8 OnChip

USAFRet

Titan
I've downloaded the Media Creation Tool to a USB stick.
Specifically, what did you do?
You can't boot from just the MediaCreation tool exe.

hondoman

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2014
Last question on this matter...

Last week, I gave in and brought the PC to a repair shop. One I've used in the past and has a good reputation. The shop rang me this morning. I'm told that the CPU and Motherboard are broken. Can happen, but I find it a bit hard to believe.

For both to be broken or not working, would I even be able to enter the BIOS? Would I even be able to get to the Windows symbol and spinning wheel screen? What do I know, but I feel this is not 100% truthful.

Thoughts?