Cannot install windows 8.1, not detecting drive

truwrxtacy

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
Hi guys i got a Sony Vaio SVL241B14L all in one desktop, it was acting funny so i did a clean install of windows 10 on it, well I think the computer isn't compatible with windows 10, because after a couple of updates, i get the black screen and mouse only. At first i thought it was a bad install, so i did the install again, and same thing happen again so i'm convinced i just need to go back to windows 8.

I went to download the windows 8 windows media tool from MS, try to do the install but now its not recognizing my HDD, but it did recognize it without any issues when i try to do the windows 10 install, even ask me something about GPT partition or something like that. I did some research and it seems like I might need a hard drive controller driver? I been looking everywhere but cant find it. Can someone pleas help me to get windows onto this stupid computer?

thanks

truwrxtacy

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
well now its not recognizing the HD even when i put in the win10 media file, what should i do now? I booted it into the bios and its showing HDD 2000GB and System Memory as 8192MB so its seeing the HD in bios but not in installer window

truwrxtacy

Honorable
Feb 16, 2013
yes i can see the drive in bios

under main
BIOS Version R0230T9
ME Version 8.1.0.1248
Machine SVL24147CXB
System Memory 8192 MB
Hard Disk Drive 2000GB

but it does not have an option to change to ACHI which from my research shows i should do that.

It only offers

- advanced
= IntelR Virtualization technology disabled

- security
= machine password clear
= user password clear
= set machine password press enter
= set user password press enter
= secure boot enabled
= secure boot mode standard

- Boot
=Boot mode UEFI
= External Device boot disabled
= network boot disabled

- boot priority
internal hdd
external device
internal optical disc drive
network

and exit thats all

i think i might need these drivers, but i dont know how to extract them, it only allows me to install it as a exe https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=SVL24147CXB&LOC=3#/downloadTab