Cannot Install Windows 8 on my Primary HDD.. It automatically creates system Partition in SSD

arsi_315

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
Hello Everyone.

When I tried to install a fresh copy of windows 8 I deleted all the partitions including systems reserved etc

Now It shows 2 drives:

Drive 0 - 500GB HDD <== This is where I want to install my windows
Drive 1 - 20GB SSD <== This is where the system is creating he system partition

When ever I create the partition in either drives the windows create the system partition (350MB) in ssd automatically. and when I install my windows on 500 HDD then windows wont work because the systems files are on other drive. Furthermore, I dont want to install my windows on ssd because of the limited space. So How can I install my windows n 500GB HDD so it creates the system partition also in the same drive i.e. drive 0 - 500GB HDD

NOTE: I have tried everything using diskpart and making the drive 0 active but still its not working. I dont want to send it to Samsung warranty because they are charging me like $100 so please can anyone guide me?

Regards

G

Just remove the sata cable from your SSD until you have installed win8. Then relace the sata cable once it's installed.

arrpee

arsi_315

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
Thank you for replying.
I have tried that but the problem is that to remove the SSD wire I need to open the entire laptop. However the HDD can be removed easly by unscrewing one screw.
My Laptop is Samsung Ultrabook series 5

G

The only thing I can think to do is to set your HDD as the boot drive in bios. That may make win8 create the partition on the HDD.

arrpee

DarkDubzs

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013

The only sure way is to unplug the sata cable connecting the SSD.
I was going to also suggest you make the hdd the primary boot drive instead of the ssd, but you already tried that

The 20Gb SSD is meant to be utilised by Samsung's Express Cache, but not sure how that is achieved, unless you have a hybrid drive? Have you tried selecting the HDD as the target drive for Windows with all partitions deleted, i.e. install to Unallocated space on the HDD? (Use Drive Options (Advanced) at the 'Where do you want to Install Windows' Screen)

arsi_315

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
@dodger46 - Yes I have also tried that not working
@DarkDubzs - Actually I dont want to open the laptop it will void my warranty. (The Samsung told me we only provide hardware warranty so this is a software issue therefore you will be charged i think $100 or more.

Sounds increasingly like you have a Hybrid, what's your full Model Number?