Andrew

I get this error when I try to install windows xp sp 2:

setup cannot copy the file ocmsn.dll

A window pops up allowing me to browse to locate the .dll file. I have
checked that ocmsn.dll is in the location specified. Clicking retry leads to
a repeat of the same error. Clicking cancel leads to a failure of the
installation. I have tried several times tro install xp sp 2 and have had the
same problem with different .dll files.

Please give more information about your pc and the version of XP presently
installed.

"Happy" wrote:

> Do you know if the one they send free on disk is the full version, or the
> abridged one?

I have the CD and while the file name and size is slightly different by a
few bytes from the network self-install file it is essentially the same full
file. I'll have to see if I can find my CD to compare how much filesize
difference.

Russell

"Happy" wrote:

> Do you know if the one they send free on disk is the full version, or the
> abridged one?

Having now compared my SP 2 disk with the network administrators install
downloaded file I see they are exactly the same...the CD has a cabinet file
the exact same size with an earlier August creation date whereas the network
install is the exact same size in an .exe file. The CD has some perks like a
NewDotNet fix, but essentially the main SP2 installation files are the same.

Russell

Andrew

How do I order the free CD?

Thanks,

Andrew

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

> How do I order the free CD?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Andrew
>
> "Sickputer" wrote:
>

>> "Happy" wrote:
>>
>> > Do you know if the one they send free on disk is the full version, or
>> > the
>> > abridged one?
>>
>> Having now compared my SP 2 disk with the network administrators install
>> downloaded file I see they are exactly the same...the CD has a cabinet
>> file
>> the exact same size with an earlier August creation date whereas the
>> network
>> install is the exact same size in an .exe file. The CD has some perks
>> like a
>> NewDotNet fix, but essentially the main SP2 installation files are the
>> same.
>>
>> Russell

Andrew

Thanks - I've ordered the CD

Andrew

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Andrew" <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I order the free CD?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Andrew

> >> Having now compared my SP 2 disk with the network administrators install
> >> downloaded file I see they are exactly the same...the CD has a cabinet
> >> file
> >> the exact same size with an earlier August creation date whereas the
> >> network
> >> install is the exact same size in an .exe file. The CD has some perks
> >> like a
> >> NewDotNet fix, but essentially the main SP2 installation files are the
> >> same.
> >>
> >> Russell

Happy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

Thanks for doing that. So, it seems I can use the CD ok, without losing
anything, but gaining speed and any possible connection problems.
"Sickputer" <Sickputer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> "Happy" wrote:
>
> > Do you know if the one they send free on disk is the full version, or
the
> > abridged one?
>
> Having now compared my SP 2 disk with the network administrators install
> downloaded file I see they are exactly the same...the CD has a cabinet
file
> the exact same size with an earlier August creation date whereas the
network
> install is the exact same size in an .exe file. The CD has some perks like
> NewDotNet fix, but essentially the main SP2 installation files are the
same.

> Russell

TRENDING THREADS