[SOLVED] Cannot line up Gigabyte b40m ds3h micro motherboard into Fractal design focus G

Dec 23, 2020
Hello, I'm scrambling to build a computer for my son. This is my third build and a rocky start. I cannot line up Gigabyte b40m ds3h micro motherboard into Fractal design focus G. The motherboard has 7 holes and 6 of the 7 line up. The hole furthest from the I/O will not line up with a hole or standoff. Can anyone please help? Are these non compatible even thought the case specs say it is compatible with micro ATX?

Solution
Isn't there a rule that you need to use all the holes for grounding purposes? I thought you risked frying the motherboard if the weren't all secure?
A lot of people will build the PC out of the case first to make sure their no DOA parts. Their no reason to stress.

Like I said remove the board from the case, install the memory so your not stressing that part of the board with no support, remove that standoff and install the motherboard.

Edit your 3rd build so I figure your installing everything right.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Isn't there a rule that you need to use all the holes for grounding purposes? I thought you risked frying the motherboard if the weren't all secure?
A lot of people will build the PC out of the case first to make sure their no DOA parts. Their no reason to stress.

Like I said remove the board from the case, install the memory so your not stressing that part of the board with no support, remove that standoff and install the motherboard.

Edit your 3rd build so I figure your installing everything right.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS