Question Cannot locate pins to jump motherboard - Asus TUF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2021
Hello, I'm currently troubleshooting some issues with a laptop motherboard, my current goal is to rule out a power button issue, by jumping the motherboard (shorting the power pins).

There are no symbols (that I can find) relating to Power / Ground / Reset...
Strangely its a well known laptop but I cannot find schematics anywhere, any help would be appreciated.

Laptop: Asus Tuf A17 - FA706II
Motherboard: DAOBKXMB8D0 REV D / MODEL BKX

I've uploaded photos of the board to Google Drive, if anyone would have some insight. Thanks.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1hfitApZZlO7jqicIQHlIg5pKzoMoMkQd?usp=sharing

Jan 27, 2021
Oooph. So 2 of the TINY pins on that flip-connector would be dedicated to the power button.....which ones though. Ever play Russian Roulette!?
:LOL: that's a great answer actually, didn't think it would have been the pins on the connector itself. I'm sure there is a standard protocol which tells me which pins are power / keys etc

Jan 27, 2021
Thought....not sure what tools you have available.

If you can accurately probe each pin on the flip-connector, I would think the two power button wires would be "hot" while power is connected?
(not responsible if you fry something)
Don’t have any tools to probe unfortunately. So the new question if anyone can answer, which one of these 36 pins may i use to jump the power :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.