Cannot Login to Recovery Console!!!

Janice

On bootup get BlueScreenofDeath with the message about a corrupt
C:\windows\system32\config\software file...

Followed Microsoft KB 307545 to use recovery console (admin password blank).
Started moving C:\windows\repair files to C:\windows\sys32\config directory.
But no C:\windows\repair\system file - so left that one alone.

Now I am stuck in reboots with error message (lsass.exe) "an invalid
parameter was passed to a service or function.

The BIGGEST PROBLEM NOW is I cannot get into the recovery console - the
blank password is not working. I HOPE AND PRAY THAT THERE IS A SOLUTION at
least to get my somewhat corrupt files back in place (at least I could
login). Thanks a bunch,

Janice

have you tried booting to "last known good"? or maybe into "safe mode"?

Janice

Yes, I tried that before messing with the recovery console in the first
place. But the corrupt C:\windows\system32\config\SOFTWARE hive file
prevented it...

I am very concerned that I will never get into the recovery console, much
less the system to try to recover files, etc...

"EasyFeelings" wrote:

> have you tried booting to "last known good"? or maybe into "safe mode"?

Hi -

Why don't you just do a repair install? That should replace the corrupt
files. It's a very simple process. Boot to the WinXP CD and follow the on
screen instructions if you were gonna setup XP for the first time and after
you accept the agreement, choose "R" for repair - not going through the
recovery console. Hope this helps.

Newtechie