[SOLVED] Cannot mount portable HDD?

Nov 16, 2020
Problem accessing external storage drive. Dell 2TB drive (Seagate portable drive )(ST2000LM003)
Plugged into USB and was asked to scan and fix. so I scanned. after 12 hours it was rebooted by turning off wrong power strip by mistake.

Now we can not get into it.
You hear the PC beep when you plug it in. But it does not show in Explorer. Under Manage and Disk management you can see it but not access it.
Says unallocated.
event log shows this:

Device SCSI\Disk&Ven_Dell&Prod_Portable\6&2bb1ceb7&0&000000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: USBSTOR\Disk&Ven_General&Prod_UDisk&Rev_5.00\6&2f1446e7&0&_&0
Class Guid: {4d36e967-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Location Path:
Migration Rank: 0xF000FC00FFFFF120
Present: false

Is there any way to gain access to this drive? Has years of downloads, family pictures music and more.

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I think you killed it when you powered it off when the repair work was being applied to in your initial run. You could use TestDisk and see if the drive is found off the app but your mileage can and will vary to the point you might need to visit a professional who is skilled with data recovery.

Lutfij

Titan

I think you killed it when you powered it off when the repair work was being applied to in your initial run. You could use TestDisk and see if the drive is found off the app but your mileage can and will vary to the point you might need to visit a professional who is skilled with data recovery.

Solution
Nov 16, 2020

Thanks. It shows up in the list of drives Testdisk shows and can feel it running. says no partition is bootable. running other tests.