NicRic

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2008
I cannot install Microsofts .NETFramework 2.0 ? I downloaded the 22.M.B. file and saved it to the My Documets folder, whe I attempt to open the app for installation I recieve an error prompt that cannot open Mime type file . Can someone point me in the right direction to open or install this file on my system? I have a certain software program that I cannot use untill I have the .NETFrame work 2.0 or higher installed on my P.C.? As on now I have framework 1.1 installed not the higher version I need .
Thank You To All,
Nick

NicRic

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2008

Thank You for your reply and the link you supplied ! I have saved it and will give it a try ASAP, I have another concern reguarding a criticial update that after I installed iot complelty crippled my system ? I had to perform a system restore to regain use of my Media Center and the ATI TV Wonder Elite that it uses for live TV access ? Thankfully I created a restore point right B/4 installing this update and then marked it as hidden in windows Update so as not to install it again ? I just hope this is not going to effect any .NETFramework install ? I will do thee same B./4 I install any future updates. SometimesI wonder why Microsoft just cant sem to get these O/S's to work with less problems always poping up ?
Thanks Again ,Nick

TitusFFX

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
Do you happen to know which update it was and what the number it is such as KB00000 or whatever it might of been so I can get a better understanding of what It could possible of caused it.

NicRic

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2008
Thank you to all whom replied with suggestions and possible fixes to my problem . Apprently the download to my PC which I saved was either corrupt or downloaded in the wrong format ? Either way I was able to successfully get the .NETFrame work ver2.0 installed by downloading the application once again to a thumb drive and installing it from there ! I then was able to fully install the software that required this version or higher of the Microsofts .NETFrame work. Again thank you to all,
NicRic

NicRic

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2008

Hi TitusFFX,
I apologize it took me so long to reply to your question on which update it was I installed on my WinsdowsXP MCE2005 system that completely corrupted the Media Center and would not let me watch live TV in the Media center usign my ATI TV Wonder Elite PCI TV Tuner ? This criticial /important update also made WindowsXP run very slow and caused problems in other areas also . I luckly created a rstore point B/4 installation and was able to reverse the installation of this update which. Its KB2378111, and any information you may have reguarding the importance or if leaving it uninstalled is OK would be great !
Thank You , Nick

FYI > System Specs Dell XPS400 2.8GHz Dual Core Intel Pentium D Proccessor, 3G.B. DDR2 RAM,250GB Samsung 7200RPM Smart Drive internial, Seagate 320 G.B.externial H.D.USB. ATI X300SE 128M.B. Gaphics PCI-E,ATI TV Wonder Elite PCI.

NicRic

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2008
Thank you very much for your reply . I had read up on that update KB2378111 and you are correct its a security patch for Windows Media Playe and I seem to not be the only one who had problems with this update . I have now placed it in the hidden folder in Windows Update so it wont download it again. I rarley if ever use WMP and you reassuring me that its not a nessasary update makes me feel better about my decision to remove it from the long list of updates I have yet to install after the fresh re-install of my O/S !
Thanks Again ,NicRic

NicRic

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2008

I went ahead and downloaded this package of the Microsoft.NETFramework a 231M.B. exe. application . It installed seamlessly and as you you stated brought my system up to a 3.5 version ! Thank you for the link and the suggestion, everyone that replied to my problem was great however your reply was the one that put the cherry on top ! Again Thank You,
NicRic