cannot open my computer and other desktop files

mridul mohan

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
In my Pc (windows 8) when i open my computer,recycle bin,my network places and my documents it opens up and simply closes back to desktop i tried malware bytes aviara but no use its just coming like that only.please help me..

Solution
It is also possible that you may be experiencing file system corruption. From an Administrative Command Prompt I would recommend running the Check Disk Utility (ChkDsk) in addition to the System File Checker (SFC) which Dodger46 recommended.

Given that the issue is occurring across multiple locations, I would run SFC first to look for corruption within the operating system files and repair them if need be, then ChkDsk to check the file system and the disk surface for corruption or defects. To run ChkDsk from an Administrative Command Prompt enter:

Code:
chkdsk /r
Then press enter. The system will inform you that the disk is in current use, and ask if you would like to run chkdsk upon reboot. Enter Y and press enter...

scoobydenon

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011

Try 1 or all of these free tools. Combofix, Microsoft security essentials & ccleaner. Good luck.

WinOutreach2

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2011
It is also possible that you may be experiencing file system corruption. From an Administrative Command Prompt I would recommend running the Check Disk Utility (ChkDsk) in addition to the System File Checker (SFC) which Dodger46 recommended.

Given that the issue is occurring across multiple locations, I would run SFC first to look for corruption within the operating system files and repair them if need be, then ChkDsk to check the file system and the disk surface for corruption or defects. To run ChkDsk from an Administrative Command Prompt enter:

Code:
chkdsk /r
Then press enter. The system will inform you that the disk is in current use, and ask if you would like to run chkdsk upon reboot. Enter Y and press enter, then reboot your system.

Solution