Cannot overclock at all on P5K and E6850, HELP!

tech9374

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
Hi, i just finished setting up my new comp and i cannot overclock it at all, when i click enter to change the fsb frequency nothing happens and same with the multiplier, i have tried updating my bios but still i cant oc!

Help!

Thanks in advance tech9374.

Specs:

MOB: Asus P5K
CPU: E6850
RAM: 2GB XMS2
HDD: 80GB SATA
GFX: 7600GT (Until my 8800gt arrives!)
PSU: Non-Cheap 500w

Mogwilson

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2008
Firstly, Dont flash your bios just because you cant overclock it, Dont mess about with the multiplier at all and set the mobo back to default settings, Set AI overclocking to manual, Set the PCI E frequency to 100, Disable cpu spread spectrum, Disable PCI E spread spectrum, Set your ram frequency(to manual) at 667Mhz(lowest divider) manually (for now) and leave everything else on auto. Then raise the FSB to 366mhz then save and reboot. you need to download a program called orthos to test your rig for stability using the cpu/ram blend test. If you have followed this and it will not work you might have a hardware problem.

When will people learn to read up on overclocking before jumping in and changing settings that could break the pc you spent shed loads of money on, Unless mummy n daddy bought it.

Qwakrz

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2004
Have you tried just typing numbers into the clock and multiplyer areas when highlighted.

My P5K deluxe does not have a menu for the FSB etc, you just highlight it and type the new number over the top, pressing enter does nothing.