Cannot pass POST after regaining internet following 3 days offline

Zeal01

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2009
Hello,

I'm having what I suspect could be a hardware issue, but couldn't find a specific hardware tech support board so if this is more suited to another section please advise!

Anyway,
Today, I used a tethered phone to connect to the pub's wifi across the road, as our connection is down. I installed Mass Effect 3, updated it, but couldn't hit the play button as it was greyed out.
So I troubleshooted and the problem escalates. Presented as list with observations for clarity.

Restart from desktop.
--Boots to Asrock UEFI, choose to discard changes, this auto load of the UEFI has happened before. A reboot usually gets past it to desktop

Discard Changes and exit
--Black screen with flashing cursor.

Reset button
--UEFI

Save changes and exit
--No changes actually made
--Reboots to UEFI

Repeat above x2 - no change

Disconnect all external devices. - no change

In UEFI
--Change boot options (Windows Boot Manager is Option 1)
--Changed to OCZ Vertex 3, disabled other options
--Changed hard drive boot options to OCZ Vertex 3 first (Other drive is an HDD)
No change.

Change Boot option (cannot remember exact name of option) from Legacy to EFI. Save changes. Reboot. - No display to monitor.(?)

Either now, or after the next step, reseating cables, I lose monitor display. I can't remember after which.

Open Tower, reseat PSU to mobo power leads, remove HDD leads. - No change. No display to monitor (?)

Swap DVI-DL cable to mobo from GPU - no change

Reseat HDD, disconnect SSD - no change

Reseat Power cables again. - no change

So I'm unsure how to proceed. My next step I guess would be dismantling and reassembly to the point where CPU/mobo/PSU/RAM are back together and see if I can get to POST. I've not thermal paste to reseat the CPU heatsink though.

Thanks for any suggestions guys. System specs as I remember them are:

Asrock Z68 Extreme4
EVGA GTX 780 x2
i7 2600K
Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB PC3-15000C9
Asus Xonar D2X
OCZ ZX 1250 '80 Plus
OCZ Vertex 3 240GB
Crucial HDD unsure of model
Windows 10

Regards,

Zeal

----

Update

Removed a GPU to see the error code on the mobo (60, but it went away) and got to POST, the ASROCK splash. Display connected to other GPU

Allowed it to pass that to black screen with blinking cursor.

Reset
--Gets to POST, then displays screen full of repeated multicolour flashing symbols. Hitting enter twice changes these to black/white static symbols.
-- No signal from mobo DVI, have no VGA cable.

Update 2

Cleared CMOS.
--A status screen I've not seen before
--Can get to UEFI
--Checked Boot and changed to Vertex 3 SSD from Crucial HDD

Saved and exited - Blinking cursor on black screen

Same result when leaving Crucial HDD as priority 1.

Zeal01

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2009

No joy on that, same as before.

Snaps of my current Boot and Advanced configs. Don't seem to have Windows Boot Manager as an option in boot settings anymore. Can't attempt to Boot to Safe Mode. F8 does nothing.

See the Crucial HDD as the priority boot. I've changed that to the OCZ Vertex, where windows is installed, but no joy there.

Zeal01

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2009
Update 3

Changed Marvell 3 SATA3 Operation mode and SATA operation mode to AHCI, no change.

Then Marvell SATA 3 bootable to enabled. Returns this before POST

Update--

Attempted a startup repair, 'unable to repair'.

System restore completes normally but no change when attempting to boot to windows.
A startup repair after a system restore gets to checking the disk and then fails...

But running a chkdsk from installation media command prompt returns no errors... It completes very quickly but is only a 240GB SSD.