[SOLVED] Cannot port forward on CODA-5712 (1B)

Solution
Strange. I don't have a router connected to it, only the modem and I still have different IPs.
That "modem" is a combo unit based on the model number you provided. It is a modem/router (it has WIFI for example).
Your WAN IP probably starts with a 100.x.y.z . That is a "carrier NAT" IP address. You will have to contact your ISP to see if you can request (or buy) a public IP address before you can port forward.
Why are you wanting to port forward ?

kanewolf

Titan
i have tried everything from changing IPs to completely diffrent computers but nothing works :(
First thing you need to verify is that you have a public IP.
The WAN IP listed in the status screen of the router has to match https://whatismyipaddress.com/
If they don't match,you don't have a public IP and you can't port forward because your ISP has a router before yours which is blocking.

kanewolf

Titan
Strange. I don't have a router connected to it, only the modem and I still have different IPs.
That "modem" is a combo unit based on the model number you provided. It is a modem/router (it has WIFI for example).
Your WAN IP probably starts with a 100.x.y.z . That is a "carrier NAT" IP address. You will have to contact your ISP to see if you can request (or buy) a public IP address before you can port forward.

Reactions: Doomguy3232
Solution
Mar 24, 2023
That sucks... I was wanting to port forward so I could host my own nextcloud server. Now that I think about it, I did contact support through my ISP. They said they fully support it, just don't offer support for it.