Cannot Print Test Page on HP Printer

I have an HP G Series printer hanging-off a Windows 2000 Professional
system. I am tring to connect to the printer from my XP machine. I
am able to connect to the printer. When I print a test page I see the
test appear briefly on the 2000 system but it does not print. I go
through the printer troubleshooting questions on the XP but it does
not provide the appropriate help. The printer is set to a port called
DOT4_001 on the XP machine. Can anyone provide additional help?

Thanks,
Kurt Laughbaum

Uninstall the printer completely. Uninstall the printer hardware and drivers
from the properties of My Computer.

Install it properly following the installation instructions for that
printer. For many of these models there is a sequence during the
installation to when the printer should be connected. Normally you will
connect the printer after the software and drivers are installed to the
operating system.

When using XP, it is important that the software and drivers are for XP. If
the printer utilities you are installing are more than about a year or two
old, I would suggest downloading the latest version of them from HP. Many of
the older printer and screen software's have problems with XP.

If you want the default drivers from XP, just start the computer, and then
connect the printer to the USB port while both printer and computer are
powered up. This should normally work, but the extra options for the printer
may be limited.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"Kurt Laughbaum" <kurtlaughbaum@hotmail.com> wrote in message
I have an HP G Series printer hanging-off a Windows 2000 Professional
system. I am tring to connect to the printer from my XP machine. I
am able to connect to the printer. When I print a test page I see the
test appear briefly on the 2000 system but it does not print. I go
through the printer troubleshooting questions on the XP but it does
not provide the appropriate help. The printer is set to a port called
DOT4_001 on the XP machine. Can anyone provide additional help?

Thanks,
Kurt Laughbaum

bert1454

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2008
You must uninstall the printer driver from control panel. Printer utility which you installed may be old. I would suggest you that download latest version and install it. That might solve your problem.
Bert

Wide Circles

TRENDING THREADS