Cannot Print to Printer Via Wifi

Xmsteel

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011
Hey all,

I've got a Kodak ESP 2170 Wifi AiO printer that decided to quit printing all of a sudden from my laptop. Its been working fine, than one day it just stopped printing. It is connected to a main desktop and prints from it fine, but cannot print from the laptop anymore.

Laptop Details:
Running Windows 7 32-Bit
Connected via wifi
No other issues with internet connectivity or anything else

Here's what I've done:
Checked connection to Wifi on both the printer and laptop
Uninstalled all drivers and software for printer and reinstalled
Re-connected printer to wifi network
Check multiple settings on both laptop and printer and played around a little...
Contacted Kodak and had them attempt to fix it via remote access

Here's the issue:
All software installs fine. The computer detects the printer, the software detects the printer. I go to print a document, it says "sending to printernamehere" the queue box pops up, but says 0 pending documents. No errors or messages, nothing that would seem to be an issue. It just doesn't seem to do anything after pressing print. The queue does show up though (in the task bar), which wasn't present before pressing print.

Solution
Sounds like the IP address of the printer changed but you never changed the settings on the computer. Double check the printer's IP through your router (and if possible set just the printer to a fixed IP rather than DHCP), and then check the printer properties (port tab) for the IP being used. If they don't match, change the printer properties to use the IP address your router says your printer is at and then it should work.
Sounds like the IP address of the printer changed but you never changed the settings on the computer. Double check the printer's IP through your router (and if possible set just the printer to a fixed IP rather than DHCP), and then check the printer properties (port tab) for the IP being used. If they don't match, change the printer properties to use the IP address your router says your printer is at and then it should work.

Solution

Xmsteel

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2011

Should the printer be showing up under connected devices on the router's page? I can see the main desktop and the laptop (along with my portable devices) but don't see the printer.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see it now. IP is the same for all devices except for the very last number.

EDIT2: I did a fresh install of windows (not related to this issue) and believe that might have fixed the issues which was probably what you stated in the first place and which is why it was fixed with a new install. I appreciate your help and if it happens again I know what to look for.

If your router supports fixed assignments (read the manual), then making the printer always use the same IP is the easiest way to never have the issue again.