Cannot read optical disc using Live File System after installing samsung magician RAPID for 840 pro SSD

Daello

Reputable
Jun 27, 2014
I've run into an odd problem.

I have a Samsung 840 pro 256gb SSD and installed the Samsung magician software's RAPID option. When I've done this I found that I cannot read or write to an optical drive using or was made with the Live File System option format in windows 7. If I disable RAPID I can read and
create discs just fine. I'd really like to find a way to get them both working and I just don't understand what if anything can be done to resolve the conflict.

Any ideas?

Daello

Reputable
Jun 27, 2014

Yeah that's what I've done at the moment, but I'd still like to have the benefits of RAPID (it speeds up the drive performance quite a bit). I tried contacting Samsung, but evidently their call center is closed, their email webpage is broken, and they don't offer chat support for SSDs. Guess I'll see what they say Monday.

Thanks

Daello

Reputable
Jun 27, 2014

I'm not sure what you mean by this. As far as I understand TRIM and RAPID are totally different technologies. TRIM is for identifying and balancing the use of operational sectors on the drive. RAPID is a drive caching technology that uses RAM to temporarily house data and improve performance.

(Just as a reminder I am talking about Samsung Magician RAPID mode, not another brand's technology of a similar name)

If anyone has any ideas on how to get RAPID and the Live File System to play nice I'd love to hear it.

Thanks -

kandaswamy10

Reputable
Jul 15, 2014
Hi Daello,

I am able to do read and write to optical drive made with the Live File System option format in windows 7 and it is working fine in my case (read and write to optical drive is fine) with magician's rapid option.

Can you give more information about your system configuration and scenario.

like UDF version? Storage controller? etc