Question Cannot reinstall Windows 11 on brand new PC! HELP!

xRelicanthx

Prominent
Mar 10, 2020
Hi guys,

I live in China and bought a HP Omen 45L. Unfortunately with Chinese mainland windows PCs is that it doesn't allow changes to system language settings other than Chinese language.

I used my USB to try to reinstall windows 11 in English, but found that upon selecting a driver, both the HDD and SSD that came with the PC aren't visible. So I went through the usual method of using Intel's Rapid Storage Technology F6 file, and that also didn't work (I tried different versions and tested them all) but although it loaded, the hard drives still don't display.

I went through the BIOS menu and found that both drivers are Non RAID, but in Omen's new BIOS menu I can't see a way to convert them to RAID.

For testing purposes I took out an SSD from my old computer, (which is also bought in China, and I used the same method to reinstall English Windows with success), and inserted it into the extra SSD slot on the motherboard of my new PC and even that will not show up to install windows on. If I try to run Windows from that SSD which has active windows on it as well the PC won't boot and will be stuck on a restart loop.

Under disk manager both Hard Drives display, and I can format them accordingly as usual. I tried following other advice using the command prompt to clear the disks, but the disks don't show up on the list either.

Both disks are completely visible and usable upon boot through Chinese Windows. I've tried installing windows 10 instead, same result. All drivers are updated.

I'm at a loss. How do I solve this problem so I can install English Windows on my new PC!

Thank you!!!

xRelicanthx

Prominent
Mar 10, 2020
Yes, windows official media creation installer, on a USB. The installer works and loads fine apart from hard drives not being detected in installer menu.